7K views

My father who was visiting USA had the Atlas America insurance. He had a cardiac emergency and had to be hospitalized and undergo a bypass surgery.

The insurance did not cover a penny and chased us away to be on our own. They manipulate the "Acute onset of a pre-existing illness" clause in a way that benefits them.

They use it to sell the insurance but when the time comes for a claim they do not accept it. They did not accept that my father's condition was an acute onset despite the doctors providing the certificate that it was an acute onset.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Hccmis. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Hccmis to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Hccmis and hccmis claim for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Happened same thing to me last year

Thanks for making these posts . You have helped me save some money by not buying this vaporware of insurance

#1420459

100% agree, its scam. I had my parents-in-law visiting CA and I bought ATLAS AMERICA which cover pre-existing illness as well $1203/person.

My father-in-law had to visit urgent care center due to severe back pain due to pre-existing illness. They took x-rays and did consultation $750. HCCMIS denied saying its due to pre-existing illness. 2nd time he had swollen around rib.

Urgent care charged $651. Again HCCMIS - ATLAS AMERICA denied the claim.

NEVER BUY FROM INSUBUY AND HCCMIS-ATLAS AMERICA...

Again, just to prove how much of a scam Insubuy (International Medical Group) is, just check the Better Business Bureau page. 92% of negative reviews speaks volumes (https://www.bbb.org/indy/business-reviews/travel-insurance/international-medical-group-inc-in-indianapolis-in-17001341/reviews-and-complaints)

Insubuy is a TOTAL scam. According to them, EVERYTHING is a pre-existing condition.

Don't ever buy any products from them.

My wife recently needed surgery for a condition that nowhere in her medical history in the USA is labeled as pre-existing, nevertheless, this fraudulent company still denied our claim saying that it was a pre-existing condition.

Save your money and don't ever buy anything from Insubuy. They are so used to people complaining that they cut-and-paste the same response to anyone who tells the truth.

Run, run, run from this company.

If a company is acting in a manner which is fraud, you shouldn’t list in your brokerage site. You are real company but I as a consumer end up buying a fake product from you. You are as responsible as the insurance company!

Miami, Florida, United States #1262272

What is the RIGHT email to submit a claim? I have had 4 different answers and all were wrong. Does this company really exist?

to Anonymous Plano, Texas, United States #1262429

Which company are you commenting about?

Insubuy is a brokerage company that was founded in year 2000 and it indeed exists.

You can look at US government records to confirm easily.

We offer insurance from many companies.

Claim contact information depends upon specific company.

When you purchased the insurance, you would have received the ID card in the email that has the claims address printed as well as there is a phone number to call the claims department.

New York, New York, United States #1220885

I can only say that to undergo a bypass surgery, when you need a bypass, yes it is a pre-existing condition, the result of eating too much sugar for many years that ruined your arteries.

Es much as I hate all private health insurance companies especially in the USA, here they are correct: it is a pre-existing illness.

to Anonymous #1224188

looks like when i read the reviews all other reviews are written by people from Insubuy!! looks like they have an active network to chase away people like you. But i have heard so many stories like that

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #1214288

INSUBUY does not say this clearly on their website, so let me make it clear

The fixed coverage plan DOES NOT have preferred rates with any doctors or hospitals. So here's what happened.

I bought the fixed coverage plan thinking it's an Insurance plan and like all insurance plans they have negotiated rates with the providers.

WRONG! They don't have any negotiated rates.

So for a doctor's visit they pay $60 per visit and it's subject to a $200 deductible. Simple enough, not so. Read on.

So my father has to goto a doctor because his ear hurts.

Looks like got an infection. The doctor sends us a bill of $400!!

I call HCC Marine Tokyo (the insurance company then also Insubuy from where I bought the plan). They say that they will NOT pay a single $ or adjust the bill. Why I ask?

Here's the reason, according to them the deductible is $200 and they will only apply $60 towards each claim (that' their payout). So it doesn't matter if the hospital billed $100, $1000, or $10000 they will only count each claim as $60, so it takes 4 claims to meet your deductible!! So and I did mention earlier that they don't have negotiated rates with providers (this is the real SCAM). So my doctor can bill me ANYTHING he/she likes and I can't challenge it.

So if each Doctors' visit costs me $400 and god forbid my dad had to goto a hospital which could cost where from $2000 to $50,000 PER visit, the Insurance would pay NOTHING for the first 4 visits. Essentially this is a BIG SCAM, don't go for this plan, it's 100% profit for them and 100% lose for you. You're better off just keeping the money and goto a local clinic.

I cannot believe how they call themselves US licensed insurers and NOT have a negotiated rate card with providers or a PPO network. That whole point of insurance in the US is to GET a lower rate card with the providers.

to Anonymous Plano, Texas, United States #1214466

Insubuy is an honest, transparent company that puts all the information upfront on our web site so that customers can make an educated decision. However, it is up to them whether they would like to read anything or simply jump into buying cheapest plans.

You can't blame others for your own ignorance.

You had purchased a comprehensive plan in the past and now you purchased a fixed coverage plan because it is cheaper. Therefore, you obviously know the differences.

When you do the quote or from 'View All Plans' link, read description next to Visitor Secure plan at http://www.insubuy.com/visitor-insurance/ It clearly says ‘No PPO. No contracted rates’.

Read ‘How Plan Works’ at http://www.insubuy.com/visitor-secure-insurance/reviews/ It clearly gives an example of how a Dr visit works.

Please read http://www.insubuy.com/visitors-insurance-risks-of-purchasing-fixed-coverage/ It tells very clearly what we are doing to educate the customers about the risks of buying fixed coverage plans and urges everyone to buy comprehensive coverage plans.

When you do the quotes from our home page, we have two clearly defined sections 'Fixed Coverage Plans' and 'Comprehensive Coverage Plans' in big letters along with ? mark next to it. That explains how each type of insurance works. Under 'Comprehensive Coverage Plans', we also have a link that 'Recommended' and link 'Why'.

It again links to http://www.insubuy.com/visitors-insurance-risks-of-purchasing-fixed-coverage/ Please read visitors insurance types at http://www.insubuy.com/visitors-insurance/ It clearly defines how each type of insurance works. It is a link on our home page. You also received the certificate wording in the email right after you purchased. Did you take any time to read that?

If the same company offers the comprehensive plan that offers fixed coverage plan, and the price difference is 2-3 times, obviously both of them would not work the same way. Each insurance company would pay the claims according to the terms and conditions of the plan you have purchased. You can't expect all plans to work the same way and expect 1/3 of the premium compared to comprehensive plan. No matter what you do, insurance company will not get you network negotiated fees in fixed coverage plan because it does not exist.

Even now, you are not taking time to read the details. Instead, you are busy posting such false information everywhere. We even tried to call you and explain you how such information is posted all over our web site, but you said that you didn't have an access to the computer.

However, you obviously have an access as you are posting such inaccurate comments everywhere. We have been trying to clarify these matters with you several times over the past 24 hours, but you didn't even give us a chance to explain anything to you and hung up on me twice.

to Anonymous Plano, Texas, United States #1214475

Insubuy is an honest and transparent company that puts all the information on its web site for potential customers to read before they purchase the insurance so that they can make an educated decision. It is up to the customers to read them or simply jump into buying cheapest insurance plans.

You can't blame others for your own ignorance. You had purchased a comprehensive plan in the past and now you purchased a fixed coverage plan. Therefore, you obviously know the differences.

When you do the quotes on our web site, read description next to Visitor Secure and other fixed coverage plans. It clearly says ‘No PPO.

No contracted rates’.

Read ‘How Plan Works’ link, which is clearly given next to each plan offering. It clearly gives an example of how a Dr. visit works.

When you do the quotes from our home page, we have two clearly defined sections 'Fixed Coverage Plans' and 'Comprehensive Coverage Plans' in big bold letters along with ?

mark next to it.

Under 'Comprehensive Coverage Plans', we also have a link that 'Recommended' and link 'Why'. It again links to an article that explains in great details about risks of purchasing fixed coverage plans and urges everyone to buy comprehensive coverage plans. We have a link to an article ‘Visitors Insurance Types’ on our home page that clearly defines how each type of insurance works.

It is a link on our home page. As shown above, we are doing everything possible to educate the customers, provided they care to read anything. If a potential customer calls our office, we also clearly describe the differences of fixed coverage and comprehensive coverage plans. You also received the certificate wording in the email right after you purchased.

Did you take any time to read that? You claim to miss all of those things posted all over our web site and now blaming us for no justified reason. If the same company offers the comprehensive plan that offers fixed coverage plan, and the price difference is 2-3 times, obviously both of them would not work the same way. Each insurance company would pay the claims according to the terms and conditions of the plan you have purchased.

You can't expect all plans to work the same way and expect 1/3 of the premium compared to comprehensive plan. No matter what you do, insurance company will not get you network negotiated fees in fixed coverage plan because it does not exist. Even now, you are not taking time to read the details. Instead, you are busy posting such false information everywhere.

However, you obviously have such access as you are posting such inaccurate comments everywhere. We have been trying to clarify these matters with you several times over the past 24 hours, but you didn't even give us a chance to explain anything to you and hung up on me twice.

to Anonymous Plano, Texas, United States #1214479

You are misrepresenting fixed coverage plan.

Pay out for each claim is NOT $60. Each product has its own schedule of benefits.

That information was clearly and readily available to you before you purchased the plan, it was sent to you when you purchased the plan and it is available now also on our web site. You have still not taken any time to read that but busy posting complaints.

All the insurance plans do not have network negotiated rates (contracted rates). PPO plans do but indemnity plans do NOT.

Fixed coverage plans are indemnity plans. And there is absolutely nothing illegal about it. That is how the plans are designed.

Just because you thought all the insurance plans work the same way without trying to read any information that is all over our web site, you are blaming others which is completely unfair to us.

Doctors and other providers are free to charge the patients whatever they like. There is no standardized price menu and that is how the US healthcare system works unfortunately.

to INSUBUY Plano, Texas, United States #1214931

Hats off to Insubuy for providing such excellent service and promptly following up with the customers.

I have purchased insurance from Insubuy for so many years and I have always found their web site comprehensive.

Whenever I called, the representatives were available any day of the week and patiently took care of everything for me.

It is unfortunate that some people never try to read anything or understand anything and feel empowered to write negative reviews about such an excellent company.

Hope your father is better now..

My parents are visiting US .. My friends recommended Atlas America..

But none has used this insurance for acute emergencies..

I was inclined towards buying it.. But, just came across your post..Will NOT buy this for sure..

I would educate our larger cisco systems community to take a look at this link before deciding on Atlas America by HCCMIS..

Thanks for your post..

San Anselmo, California, United States #1135853

I am working with an attorney to investigate a class action lawsuit against HCC. I read your complaint and would like to hear more of your story.

Could you please contact me at Ingrid.robinson2@yahoo.com?

Thank you. Ingrid Robinson

The same thing happened with HCCMIS. They did not honor my mom's re-occurence of Stroke.

If stroke does not fall under "acute on-set of pre-existing condition", then HCCMIS is a fraud. I have filed a complaint with bbb.org and plan to take it up with State Insurance Fraud agencies.

to Anonymous Lafayette, Indiana, United States #1177881

There have been no complains filed with BBB.org for insubuy. http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/internet-marketing-services/insubuy-in-plano-tx-90039140.

I am looking at insurances for my family who will be visiting the US soon.

Insybuy looks like a great place when you look at BBB.org and their site. I am glad I came across this site.

Hingham, Massachusetts, United States #1099155

Atlas is actually a good plan. All travel medical plans exclude coverage for pre-exiting conditions.

For comparison, you can go to sites like insuremytrp.com or visit: https://www.internationalinsurance.com/compare/travel-medical.php (which includes an overview of the Atlas plan). The problem is that if these plans covered pre-exiting conditions they would be too expensive.